We are currently accepting enrolments for February, 2017 "Advanced Diploma of Yoga Teaching" Course
THE TEMPLE OF THE BODY
Here in this body are sacred rivers; here are the sun and the moon, as well as all the pilgrimage places. I have not encountered another temple as blissful as my own body.
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTS
|Yoga Teacher Training, Melbourne|
VIYETT YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
ADVANCED DIPLOMA OF YOGA TEACHING (Hatha Yoga)
2 year Part Time Course (1120 Hours)
NEW COURSES COMMENCING FEBRUARY, 2017
About The Course
This course is comprised of a total of 1120 hours of training. These hours include course contact time and home study time. The hours are comprised of 500 hours of Yoga Studies-Hatha Yoga Practitioners Certificate training and 620 hours of the Advanced Diploma of Yoga Teaching studies. To be eligible for entry into the Advanced Diploma of Yoga Teaching Course participants are required to have reached a high level of competency in all areas of Yoga theory and practice and have successfully completed the Yoga Studies Hatha Yoga Practitioners Certificate course 500 hours or equivalent.
This course has been developed to provide the education and training required for individuals seeking a career as a professional yoga teacher. The Hatha Yoga Practitioner Certificate makes up the first year of the two year Advanced Diploma of Yoga Teaching course.
It is envisaged that participants undertaking this course will have a sincere and caring nature and will be an inspiration to others, together with having a genuine interest in sharing the philosophies and teachings of yoga. Applicants should be well established in their own personal practice and have a thorough understanding of all aspects of Yoga and their related disciplines.
The course is designed to give participants:
- A solid foundation in the theory and practice of all aspects of Hatha Yoga.
- An understanding of the ethical standards of a professional yoga teacher.
A high level of competence in the theory and practice of yoga teaching.
- On successful completion of the course participants will have gained all of the required knowledge and skill to teach yoga with a high level of professionalism and with confidence in a yoga centre or as a self-employed professional.
- Graduates will be eligible to undertake further studies in the areas of personal and professional development which is a requirement to maintain membership with Yoga Australia.
ADVANCED DIPLOMA OF YOGA TEACHING 1ST YEAR SUBJECTS
- VIY001 Asana 1A
- VIY002 Pranayama 1A
- VIY003 Mudra and Bandha 1A
- VIY004 Shatkarma 1A
- VIY005 Relaxation and Meditation Practices 1A
- VIY006 Yogic History, Philosophy and Culture 1A
- VIY007 Yogic Physiology 1A
- VIY008 Integrative Yoga Techniques 1A
- VIY009 Introduction toTraditional Anatomy and Physiology 1A
- VIY010 Yogic Nutrition, Diet and Lifestyle 1A
- VIY011 Styles of Hatha Yoga 1A
- VIY012 Intro to Occupational Health and Safety 1A
- VIY013 Introduction to Teaching Principles 1A
ADVANCED DIPLOMA OF YOGA TEACHING 2ND YEAR SUBJECTS
- VIY014 Traditional Yogic Practices 2B
- VIY015 Yogic History, Philosophy and Culture 2B
- VIY016 Yogic Physiology 2B
- VIY017 Yogic Psychology 2B
- VIY018 Introduction To Yoga As A Therapy 2B
- VIY019 Yogic Nutrition Diet and Lifestyle 2B
- VIY020 Yoga For Clients with Special Needs 2B
- VIY021 Principles and Practices of Yoga Teaching 2B
- VIY022 Anatomy and Physiology 2B
- VIY023 Effective Communications 2B
- VIY024 Teaching Yoga as a Profession 2B
- VIY025 Occupational Health and Safety 2B
- VIY026 First Aid Certificate
The successful completion of all 26 subjects will qualify the
participant for the VIYETT Advanced Diploma of Yoga Teaching.
2017 February Course Dates
Monday 13th February, 2017
Saturday 18th February, 2017
- Daytime, Evening and Weekend study options available
- Distance Education (available for students living more than 50kms
out of Melbourne) Distance Education students may commence studies at anytime throughout the year.
Aim of the Course
The aim of the VIYETT Advanced Diploma of Yoga Teaching is to educate and train individuals seeking a career as a professional yoga teacher. During the course of study trainees will be guided through the basic foundations of a yoga practice to the more advanced practices of yoga which will assist in developing their own personal practice and also equip the trainee teacher with all of the necessary skills to teach yoga in a professional and confident manner to a diverse range of people in the community.
Trainees will explore a variety of topics and techniques that are common to the practice of yoga and by the end of the course the trainee will have developed all of the necessary skills to plan, develop and conduct a number of different classes and workshops that may be presented to the general public.
On completion of the course graduates will have attained a high level of competency in all aspects of yoga teaching and philosophy based on in depth experience and understanding of the meaning and processes that constitute the practice of yoga.
All of the teachings at VIYETT are based on the classical Raja Yoga System and the Eight Limbs of Yoga. During the course of study students will extensively explore the rich history, philosophy and culture of the yogic tradition in order to gain a broader understanding of the traditions of yoga in modern day life.
VIYETT COURSE REGISTRATION
The VIYETT Advanced Diploma of Yoga Teaching is a Registered Training Course with Yoga Australia. The Director of VIYETT Maya Hansajati is a Senior Level 3 Yoga Teacher/Trainer.
If you have any queries in relation to any of the courses please do not hesitate to contact Sally Macgowan or Maya Hansajati from the Victorian Institute of Yoga Education And Teacher Training on (03) 9533 1347 at your earliest convenience or
"VIYETT Industry Leaders in Yoga Education and Teacher Training"
Lead me from the
unreal to the real,
From death to immortality.
May all beings
May all beings attain oneness,
May all beings attain fulfillment,
May all beings
May all beings